This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

I have joined Akash’s repeater’s batch. Their study material is very comprehensive. It covers AIIMS syllabus. I want to only focus on NEET. Therefore I am only referring NCERT.  Will it help in cracking NEET exam?

• #9630 Reply
    Anam Kidwai Anam Kidwai 

According to toppers and experts, class XI and class XII NCERT books are extremely important for NEET preparation. These textbooks focus on fundamentals  and are  great for understanding basic concepts.

NCERT books are written in simple and understandable language and are direct in their approach, making it easier for students to comprehend various concepts. These cover all the important topics in physics, chemistry and biology.

Perhaps the main benefit of using NCERT books for NEET preparation is that a number of questions in the exam are from them, either directly or indirectly.  For example, the numerical based questions in NEET in the last few years have been largely influenced by the NCERT syllabus.

NCERT books are very important for preparing biology. As many as 80 out of 90 biology questions in NEET exam are from these books.  They are also helpful in preparing diagram based questions. . It is possible to ace the biology section of the exam by preparing only from NCERT textbooks. In order to score over 300 marks, you should be thorough with important chapters and topics

Although NCERT books should be your main source for NEET preparation, a little extra efforts are required, especially in physics and chemistry. Do not restrain yourself to NCERT syllabus. Refer to other books. Aakash modules are a great reference source. Study them thoroughly to make up for what is not covered by the NCERT textbooks. All the best!

• #10192 Reply
    Akshay Kothari Akshay Kothari 
    Participant

Hello,

NCERT books are the most important books for NEET preparation. Most of the questions in NEET Exam are asked from NCERT book.

Approx 80-90% questions in NEET Exam are asked from NCERT book.

NEET 2018 Exam will be on 6th May or 10th May 2018. So, prepare yourself well for the exam.

You should prepare from NCERT book first then refer other books.

For practicing numerical, you may refer these books:

• Concept of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Aggarwal’s
    • Concepts of Physics by H.C. Verma

Best of Luck!

Reply To: I am studying for NEET from only NCERT book Can I score a 300+ in NEET Biology ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account