Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Sangeetha Nayar 1 month ago.

• Author
     Sangeetha Nayar 

I am in class 10th and want to pursue career in event management. what should I do and how???

Karan Pathak 

Hi Sangeetha, that is a very good question and i appreciate the fact that you are in 10th std and thinking of a career that really out of the box, well to begin with event management is an art of organizing an event based on a scenario or as per the requirements and occasion.

Event management is a new arena for growth, starting from organizing small get together to  high end corporate events.Event management require alot of skill set, majorly defined in 3 parts

1. Client management
    2. People management
    3. Capital management

Client management – plays a very important role, as they are the once that are going to give you work and invest the money.

People Management- Finding right person for the right job is also a key role to an event.

Capital management-let me be very honest,the ultimate goal for any job right now is money, so this is very crucial once you have got work and investment your profit is defined by  how efficiently and effectively you can utilize money and convert it into profit.

So,over all you need to be a good manager of things, so its better if you take up subjects related to business studies and management. Commerce would be a good option to start with, complete your under graduation in the same field. mean while you can do part time or internship in any event management company, just to get exposure to the world of event management.

ankitbanerjee 

Ok sangeetha hear me out before you enter 11th. Event management is an amazing stream but for that, you need to make you mind if you want to own an event management business, work as an accountant in an event management organisation or a business developer or a content designer or an event executive. You have variety of choices to make out of this one stream but as basics, you need to take up commerce with maths for your 11th, score good in 12th and get into a good college with bachelor in business administration (bba) and then start with your internships in various event management organisation. whichever post suits you best, go for it and after your mba, apply for the post you desire. But if you want to own a business for event management, you will have to start with a small start up in college level and work for it till you earn your first million. All the best 🙂

kuku2190 

now a days carrer in event management is very good and highly demanding. and you will certain ly have good carrer in this.their are many colleges in india which provide different cources for event management such as neim etc .you will get to work with many big companies such as wizraft etc

Parag Patle 

I appreciate your choice Sangeetha. In the previous answer, the different skill sets you can develop to be fit for the job. I would interest you in the information about the colleges. I would say, aim for the best, always. In India, National Institute of Event Management aka (N.I.E.M), is considered to be one of the best institutes for the same. They provide you opportunities of the internships in the international events like Global Citizen India Festival 2016, different national events like award shows, bollywood award shows etc. You can find more about it on http://www.niemindia.com/.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account