This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 3 months ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

I am a student of science and got 85% marks in class 12th. My parents want me to make career in this field. But I like English literature a lot and want to make career in this field. What should I do?

• #5704 Reply
     Olivia Das 

HI,

You have a nice score 🙂

Well both the fields have there own importance and beauty.

Both have equally blooming opportunities!

You can consider your parent’s and your wish both . Then go ahead by measuring the pros and cons of both options.

According to me, you should choose what you like. Because you cant excel in any stream until and unless you like it! 🙂

• #6770 Reply
     ahelisg 

Hi Abhijeet,

Congratulations on your commendable score! 

In today’s age, both science based fields and English literature provide fantastic opportunities. There are multiple avenues available in both sectors. 

A career in science may seem more lucrative to due to how reliable it is. Considering your score of 85%, I’m certain that you will excel as an engineer, doctor or in any other science based field.

However, since your interest lies in English literature, it’s important to keep in mind that passion is the key driving force for excellence. There are a large number of wonderful opportunities if you are to explore the field of English Lit. If you enjoy what you do, it will be much more rewarding than any stable job. Furthermore, if you enjoy what you do, you are sure to excel at it and become successful!

Kindly have a discussion with your parents regarding the various career options available in English Literature. Your potential to succeed depends on what drives you to work harder. 

Good luck!

• #7224 Reply
     ana 

Hey,

Well my parents wanted me to do law and I wanted to be a writer so I can pretty much relate to it.

I ended up doing law which made me leave my passion of reading and writing due to lack of time. They said i could pursue it side by side but law in itself is so time consuming that it’s difficult to make time for anything more.

This in all the forms applies to engineering too. You won’t be able to continue your love for literature if you choose engineering.

I still regret not doing what i loved. No matter how much I try to keep up with my reading and writing it’s just not possible. Stick to what you want to do,because then it’ll not be work for you but fun.

Hope you make a wise choice.

All the best 🙂

• #7226 Reply
     ana 

Hey,

Well my parents wanted me to do law and I wanted to be a writer so I can pretty much relate to it.

I ended up doing law which made me leave my passion of reading and writing due to lack of time. They said i could pursue it side by side but law in itself is so time consuming that it’s difficult to make time for anything more.

This in all the forms applies to engineering too. You won’t be able to continue your love for literature if you choose engineering.

I still regret not doing what i loved. No matter how much I try to keep up with my reading and writing it’s just not possible. Stick to what you want to do,because then it’ll not be work for you but fun.

All the best 🙂

• #7228 Reply
     ana 

Hey,

All the best 🙂

• #9528 Reply
     Vishal Gupta 

Science students can have interest in English Literature. There have been many instances when people from Science related fields have shown love for literature. Jayanta Mahapatra, an English poet, was the Professor of Physics. But his soul was immersed in English Literature. So besides having career in Science, you can also enjoy literature.

You can become part time writer. When you have time, you can read books. Chetan Bhagat had also switched from his job of a banker. So love your passion and don’t compromise. However, your passion should be long-lived and strong. But in our opinion, you must make sure that your career is bright. You are a good student. You can live your dreams even being in any of the fields.

Career in English Literature for Science Students –

After completing your qualification in Science, you can do PG in Literature. You will get opportunity of enjoying literature in abundance. I know so many Science Graduates who did Post Graduation in English after their graduation and are teaching literature now.

Reply To: I am a student of science but I like English literature a lot.What should I do? In which field I do my best?
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account