- 07/27/2019 at 6:57 am #1516959EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Human rights activists have been arguing for a long time now for gay marriages to be made legal worldwide. They contend that gay marriage bans are discriminatory and unconstitutional, and that same-sex couples should have access to all the benefits enjoyed by different-sex couples.
Which of the following statements, if true, best supports the argument stated above?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Gay marriage is contrary to the word of God and is incompatible with the beliefs, sacred texts, and traditions of many religious groups.
- Legalizing gay marriage could lead down a slippery slope, giving people in polygamous, incestuous, bestial, and other nontraditional relationships the right to marry.
- A US Supreme Court ruling stated that the first purpose of matrimony, by the laws of nature and society, is procreation and hence, marriage should not be extended to same-sex couples.
- Marriage is an internationally recognized human right for all people and therefore, same-sex couples should be given the same rights as heterosexual couples.
- The institution of marriage has traditionally been defined as being between a man and a woman.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad