07/01/2016 at 12:00 am #535Arpit Raj MallMemberPoints: 0Rank: Amateur
Have a look at some of the DO?s and DONT?s of GATE and some simple tips to help you achieve success in GATE 2017.
12/25/2016 at 12:00 am #6228Shraddha GoelMemberPoints: 474Rank: Rookie
Here is a list of tips that you must go through to ace your GATE exam.
- Know the Exam pattern :
- The GATE Exam is a single paper online examination of three hours, with 65 questions carrying a total of 100 marks.
- The question paper will consist of both multiple choice questions and numerical answer type questions.
- Follow the GATE Syllabus :
- During your preparation, aim to complete the given syllabus rather than studying out of syllabus topics.
- Since there are many subjects included in the syllabus, it is important that you should make a particular study plan to prepare each and every topic of syllabus.
- Read standard text books :
- Prepare atleast one standard text book for each subject in GATE syllabus.
- Reading one book may not cover the complete syllabus. In such a scenario you must ensure that you are not relying on these text books completely. To avoid this, it is a good practice to actively engage yourself through online platforms that provide resource material for your practice.
- Understand fundamentals and Practice quizzes:
- Initially, focus on understanding the concepts and later focus on mastering each topic through the practice tests.
- For this purpose, you must aim at solving as many problems/quizzes as on regular basis and improve accuracy and performance in each test.
- Preparation Time and Strategy :
- Preparation depends on many individual factors such as aptitude, fundamentals, understanding level etc., typically, a rigorous preparation from 4 to 6 months is considered well enough for getting into IISc or IITs.
- A topic by topic studying plan will help you understand each topic extensively, with enough practice.
- Make short revision notes :
- Once you have considerably gone ahead with your preparation, you can start reading all the chapters again and prepare short notes for all important topics.
- These short notes can help you to recall entire preparation and useful for your last-minute revision.
- Recall all concepts and methods :
- After the preparation of complete syllabus, spend one month before the exam to recall all concepts, formulas, methods and examples.
- Remember the definitions, important points and formulas during the revision.
- Always remember to get your basic concepts clear, it will help you to crack even tough questions.
- Test your abilities :
- In order to maximize your chances to get a good performance score, you need to minimize the time you spend during reading, understanding and solving for each question in the exam.
- Many of GATE questions can be answered with reading and understanding. So final goal is to improve your time to solve each question.
- Know the Exam pattern :