Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

Hello members
    I’m Akshita from Bangalore and Im very interested in this field. I need some information reagarding how to become a gastroenterologist and what are the courses needed and what will be the career in this field and what are the areas of specializations in this field. SO anyone could kindly let me know what are the things required which will help me in achieving my target. I will be very thankful for the one who answers

• #7886 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

Hello

This is great that you are aimed at serving the people directly.

A gastroenterologist is a doctor whose specialty is treating diseases related to the digestive system, which includes the esophagus, intestines, pancreas and colon as well as their accessory glands. Some gastroenterologists practice hepatology, a subdiscipline of gastroenterology dealing with diseases of the liver.

Gastroenterologists might work independently or as part of a group practice. Often they will work in a clean, well-lit hospital environment. However, as with all physicians, their hours can be long and irregular, occasionally being on-call during evening and weekend hours. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, physicians and surgeons earned a median annual wage of over $187,000 in May 2014, and the number of job opportunities for these professionals is expected to increase about 18% between 2012 and 2022. The following table outlines common requirements to become a gastroenterologist:

the things which you required to follow are as stepwise you get Step 1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree. …Step 2: Take the MCAT. …Step 3: Complete a Medical School Program. …4: Get Licensed. …Step 5: Obtain Residency Training. …6: Complete a Gastroenterology Fellowship. …Step 7: Become Board-Certified. …Step 8: Continue Learning.

Reply To: how to become a gastroenterologist
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account