This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

Hi, I am Saumya. I am preparing for NEET exam. I want an idea about the Biology section. How many questions in NEET exam were from NCERT Biology? Please reply fast.

• #9624 Reply
    Anam Kidwai Anam Kidwai 

Hey,

NCERT books are quite popular among aspirants preparing for competitive exams like UPSC, NEET, SSC CGL, JEE etc. The simple and lucid language used in these books help the candidates easily understand the basic concepts of subjects like chemistry, biology and physics among others.

Approximately, 80 to 85 per cent of biology questions in the NEET question paper are from NCERT books. These books can help you score over 300 marks! However, you need to be thorough with all the important chapters and topics. Practice and regular revision are essential.

According to experts, 70 to 80 out of 90 questions in the NEET exam biology section are directly from NCERT books.  Toppers are of the view that candidates should use NCERT textbooks as the main study material and supplement their efforts with coaching material and reference books.

Go through the question papers of last ten years in order to gain a better understanding of the  pattern.  Practice a lot of MCQs.

Hope that helps. All the best.

• #10172 Reply
    Akshay Kothari Akshay Kothari 
    Participant

Hello,

Every year, almost all the questions in NEET Exam are asked from NCERT only. Approx 80-90% questions are asked from NCERT book.

Rest of the questions were from other refreshers or guide book.

NEET 2018 Exam will be on 10th May 2018 and this year also most of the questions will be asked from NCERT book.

So, prepare from NCERT book only. For numericals, you may refer other books as well.

Best of Luck!

Reply To: How many questions in NEET exam were from NCERT Biology ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account