Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

hello members
    could anyone please provide me the details regarding the course and career of a gynecologist. please provide me details like how long to become a gynecologist, what is the necessary hard work that has to be done, the career and also about the several other things which you guys think that i must be aware of. hoping to get a sooner reply from you guys

• #8148 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

hi koteshwar

this is great that you are really focused on serving the people with all the ability you can, here are the details

Gynecologists, medical doctors specializing in the reproductive health of women, must complete at least 12 years of school and training after high school. As soon as you decide you want to be a gynecologist, it’s important to start preparing right away, even as early as high school. Excellence in academics will be important to the pursuit of your goals from that point forward.To practice gynecology, you need to complete a medical degree. Preparation for this degree begins before medical school, however. Undergraduate premedical studies are important to your future success. While you can major in any field, there are some science prerequisites that all medical schools require. These include courses in biology, chemistry, organic chemistry, and physics. Most motivated pre-medical students complete this coursework in four years, but you may take longer. Only students with above average grades and scores on the MCAT, the medical college admission test, will be considered.

Medical students need to complete four years of medical school, and then three to eight years of internship and residency, to complete advanced educational requirements for an obstetrician and gynecologist. This advanced training happens after four years of undergraduate college education.

Reply To: how long to become a gynecologist
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account