This topic contains 0 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Abhishek Jain 1 month ago.

• Author
     Abhishek Jain 

I have been hearing a lot from my friends and relatives that the pattern of IIT-JEE admissions has changed. I am little confused as people say that Boards will have some weightage in the process. Can someone help me in understanding the same.

Thanks

Nidhi Rastogi 

Hey Abhishek, don’t be afraid because of the patter from now only as you still have a year to go. The pattern is changing every year after year. As of now students preparing for IIT and NIT entrance exams should prepare well for their Class 12 exams as the HRD ministry has decided that there will be no change in the pattern of joint entrance examination (JEE) 2016.

Putting an end to the confusion over a change in the pattern of JEE 2016, the human resource development (HRD) ministry has decided to continue the same pattern of JEE 2015 under which 40% weight is given to board marks and 60% to the JEE-Main score. Read-more.
    Also there is further news that this system will be revised and the previous system will come back by the time you will be appearing for IIT. Read-more
     Randhir Hebbar 

Abhishek, the best way is to keep the hardwork going till the time you don’t get any official news regarding the IIT-JEE pattern for 2017. Also don’t forget that getting into IIT is now end of life and your board marks are checked / required even in / after IIT. So I would suggest you to focus on Boards too..!

Swarnika 

Hey Abhishek,

Well my friend, all you could do now is to work really hard. That’s all in your hand. The pattern for the exam changes every year. So nobody might exactly know about it in detail. But try to score good in boards too. Put in your maximum efforts.

Talking about the last JEE, two of my friends cleared the MAINS but both of them were not able to clear the ADVANCE just by a margin of one or two. While one got  admission in NIT, the other didn’t get anywhere. He is now preparing for the coming JEE. The difference was just because of the boards marks. The one who got admission scored really well. I mean it was around 96-97% while the other had about 87-88%.

So work hard- both for your entrance as well as boards. Prepare well, practice a lot, make your concepts clear, increase your speed and the most important is to be confident.

I hope this was helpful!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account