This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Vishesh Saraswat Vishesh Saraswat 

Hello, My name is Rahul. I have done graduation in 2016 from Kanpur University. I am preparing for Banking exams. How do I prepare English for section? Which book or guide can help me. Give some tips and suggestions. Thanks

• #9652 Reply
    Anam Kidwai Anam Kidwai 

There are a number of rules and technicalities which need to be taken care of in order to master any language. This becomes so much easier when you develop an interest in it.

Go through the syllabus and find out the important topics. Plan your study schedule accordingly.

Reading is a sure shot way to improve your language skills. Extensive reading will help you build your vocabulary and get familiar with sentence structure. Make sure you spend at least an hour or two on reading every day. Newspapers, magazines and books will help you strengthen your language skills and do well in the English section of the exam.

Concentrate on important areas. Practice questions based on synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, idioms and phrases, comprehension, spotting the errors, spellings, sentence rearrangements etc. Solve previous years question papers and mock tests.

Use preparation books. There are a number of reference books out there which will help you prepare English for IBPS and SBI exams.

Here are a few books recommended by experts and toppers:

• Quick Learning Objective General English (English) 1st Edition Author – R. S. Aggarwal
    • Comprehensive Guide to IBPS – CWE Bank PO (English) 3rd Edition
    • Objective General English 1 Edition – RS Aggarwal
    • Word Power Made Easy- Norman Lewis
    • English Grammar and Comprehension-Wren and Martin

It is vital to build your vocabulary since a number of questions in the English section of BPS and SBI exams are based on it. Whenever you come across a new word while reading, look it up in the dictionary. Try to learn at least 3 new words every day.

Learning and memorizing will be of little help if you do not practice your language skills. Write at least one paragraph daily. Try to inculcate the new words you learn in your conversations. Solve grammar exercises and take mock tests on regular basis.

All the best!

• #9664 Reply
    pushpendra M25 pushpendra M25 

Hello,

In any banking exam, there are sectional cut off marks required to be eligible for the next round. IBPS PO or IBPS Clerk exam consists of four subjects that are English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning, and computer and general knowledge section.

To prepare for the English section, reading English newspaper or magazines is the best practice. Read good newspaper like The Hindu. The editorial section is very helpful for the banking preparation as it contains the new words, uses of idioms and phrases, which helps to improve the vocabulary.

Write new words in you note book and find the meaning.  For English section, your basic grammar rules should be clear. read the basic concepts from school grammar book and then start the practice.

Practice is very important. solve previous year questions will help you to know the type of questions. read the complete syllabus and find the important topics that are asked in the Exam every year. Some important topics are:

• Reading comprehension
    • Error finding
    • Sentence rearrangement
    • Fill in the blanks
    • para jumble
    • Cloze test

IBPS has released the notification for IBPS clerk 2017 recruitment which is scheduled in the December month. interested candidates can apply for the exam if they are eligible.

Reply To: How do I prepare English section of banking exams like IBPS and SBI ?
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account