- 09/05/2017 at 12:00 am #4044Vishesh SaraswatMember
- 11/09/2017 at 12:00 am #9978Asad yar KhanMember
Whether you are an average B. Com student or a topper in any subject the syllabus and the rules of attaining a good percentile in CAT remain the same for all. here are some of the tips that can pave your way to success.
You have to follow the following points-
- Join a good coaching that provides good Study Material and Test Series.
- Buy a book which is a collection of previous year questions of CAT.
- The mock tests are most important part of CAT preparation. Try to take mock every day or every second day. After every test, you get a chance to analyze your mistakes in each of them. Develop a strategy through these mocks. Mocks help you in the art of time management.
- Stick to the time limit you decide for each section.
- Try to spend the first 75 minutes on the first section, then 75 minutes on the second section and then the remaining 20 minutes reviewing the questions you have left. This gives you time to decide which section to spend more time on.
- Brush up concepts of Quantitative aptitude.
- Take a small break and relax between study hours.
- Start with DI, Reasoning and verbal questions and take help from your tutor/teacher.
- Focus on DI and LR as it is really tough.
- Practice RCs and Maths as much as you can.
Advice to CAT aspirants.
- In case you don’t score well in initial mocks don’t worry, be calm. Be sincere and consistent with your efforts. Stay away from distractions and stay focused on CAT. Take enough breaks while studying, don’t stop yourself from going out, exercising, and meeting people. Just focus on increasing speed and reducing errors.
Also, keep in mind.
- That there is no alternative for hard work.
- Find out your strengths and weaknesses and work on your weaknesses.
- Focus more on your strengths. Like for instance, in Quantitative aptitude, so that you can give more time to other section.
- Keep tracking your progress.
- Take enough sleep. Sound sleep promotes good health.
Hope that helps!