This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hari Sharma 1 month ago.

• Author
     Hari Sharma 

Hi I am Hari from Gorakhpur, I am in first year of my B.Com course, can you please help me with few of my queries. queries are below:

1. What is the scope of a B.Com student from a regional university to get Government Job?
    2. Is doing Masters in the same field help me in getting a better position in Government Job?
    3. Should i take any coaching to get Government Job?
     Oshima Pahuja 

A b.com graduate can be spoilt for choice when it comes to government jobs.

One can apply for positions such as accountants, tax assistants, and administrators .

You can also apply for bank PO/clerical jobs. For that you need to crack various PO/clerk entrances. The syllabus comprises of 4 sections : quantitative aptitude, English, reasoning and general awareness. You can join coaching if you time and resources because they provide you with valuable materials.

One can also appear for the UPSC and SSC exams to enter into the prestigious state and central government departments. Again one has to clear the entrance exams. There are various coaching centers for preparation.

In the defense sector, B.com graduates can work as accountants or in the administration department. Railways always come with jobs for b.com graduates.

Often various Ministries release recruitment notices to fill up vacant post. These posts might require a minimum percentage in qualifying examination and/or prior experience.

You can pursue M.com. It will help you deepen your understanding of the subject.

However regularly check educational requirements and entry requirements for every post that you wish to apply for.

Shraddha Goel 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Most of the posts in a government job require that you be a Graduate from any stream from any college/university.
    Hence the scope is wide since you are pursuing graduation and that too from a very good stream.

Also, pursuing a master’s degree in commerce will definitely widen your horizons as regards your knowledge and deeper understanding of the subject. Also for some state exams it is mandatory to hold a master’s degree. Eg-For JK PSC recruitment for librarian posts, you need a master’s. However it is not mandatory is we consider the very common and widely opted for exams as follows:

1. You can appear for Civil Services examinations conducted by UPSC after graduation.
    2. You can appear for SSC CGL which is conducted usually in 4 tiers with the first two being mandatory. However for some posts like that of Compiler require that you study some particular subjects like economics or statistics in your graduation as a compulsory/elective subject.
    3. You can give state level examinations right after graduation too.
    4. You can set your foot in the banking/PO sector and earn a fortune of a career.

Depending upon your interests and abilities make a choice. Also, audit officers, accountants, income tax officers, administrators etc. in the government sector are always required and hence B.Com can help you become one of them.
    All the best 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account