This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Suresh kumar 4 months, 2 weeks ago.
- 05/08/2016 at 12:00 am #43Hari SharmaMember
Hi I am Hari from Gorakhpur, I am in first year of my B.Com course, can you please help me with few of my queries. queries are below:
- What is the scope of a B.Com student from a regional university to get Government Job?
- Is doing Masters in the same field help me in getting a better position in Government Job?
- Should i take any coaching to get Government Job?
- 05/31/2016 at 12:00 am #4782Oshima PahujaMember
A b.com graduate can be spoilt for choice when it comes to government jobs.
One can apply for positions such as accountants, tax assistants, and administrators .
You can also apply for bank PO/clerical jobs. For that you need to crack various PO/clerk entrances. The syllabus comprises of 4 sections : quantitative aptitude, English, reasoning and general awareness. You can join coaching if you time and resources because they provide you with valuable materials.
One can also appear for the UPSC and SSC exams to enter into the prestigious state and central government departments. Again one has to clear the entrance exams. There are various coaching centers for preparation.
In the defense sector, B.com graduates can work as accountants or in the administration department. Railways always come with jobs for b.com graduates.
Often various Ministries release recruitment notices to fill up vacant post. These posts might require a minimum percentage in qualifying examination and/or prior experience.
You can pursue M.com. It will help you deepen your understanding of the subject.
However regularly check educational requirements and entry requirements for every post that you wish to apply for.
- 12/16/2016 at 12:00 am #5542Shraddha GoelMember
Most of the posts in a government job require that you be a Graduate from any stream from any college/university.
Hence the scope is wide since you are pursuing graduation and that too from a very good stream.
Also, pursuing a master’s degree in commerce will definitely widen your horizons as regards your knowledge and deeper understanding of the subject. Also for some state exams it is mandatory to hold a master’s degree. Eg-For JK PSC recruitment for librarian posts, you need a master’s. However it is not mandatory is we consider the very common and widely opted for exams as follows:
- You can appear for Civil Services examinations conducted by UPSC after graduation.
- You can appear for SSC CGL which is conducted usually in 4 tiers with the first two being mandatory. However for some posts like that of Compiler require that you study some particular subjects like economics or statistics in your graduation as a compulsory/elective subject.
- You can give state level examinations right after graduation too.
- You can set your foot in the banking/PO sector and earn a fortune of a career.
Depending upon your interests and abilities make a choice. Also, audit officers, accountants, income tax officers, administrators etc. in the government sector are always required and hence B.Com can help you become one of them.
All the best 🙂
- 03/10/2021 at 4:04 pm #2147882Suresh kumar
If you are looking for management studies then campushunt will help you to get the best college for your higher studies. Campushunt is one of the Leading education portals in India.
Campushunt Provides You With All Details You Want To Know About ST. BENEDICT’S ACADEMY Such As Locations, Faculties, Exams Accepted & A Lot More. St. Benedicts College, Bangalore provide educational opportunities to all aspiring youth to excel in life by developing academic excellence, fostering values, creating civic responsibility and building global competencies in a dynamic environment.
If you want to know more details then Call 7204289473 else check this Campushunt website for more details.