- 07/13/2019 at 9:15 pm #1440136EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
“Here, throughout the early 1820s, Stuart continued to fight his losing battle to allow his sepoys to wear their caste-marks and their own choice of facial hair on parade, being again reprimanded by the commander-in-chief. His retort that „A stronger instance than this of European prejudice with relation to this country has never come under my observations‟ had no effect on his superiors.”
According to this paragraph, which of the statements below is most accurate?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Stuart‟s commander – in chief was moved by this demonstration of his prejudice.
- The Europeans were accommodating of the sepoys‟ desire to wear their caste – marks.
- Stuart‟s losing battle‟ refers to his inability to succeed in enabling sepoys to wear caste-marks.
- The commander– in – Chief was exempt from the European preiudice that dictated how the sepoys were to dress.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad