This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Matthew Wolf 1 month ago.

• Author
     Matthew Wolf 

Hello,

I am an engineering student with on year of work experience. I’m caught between pursuing a masters in an Engineering field or doing my MBA. But I’m aware that the requisites for both are GRE and GMAT respectively and exclusively. However I’ve also learnt that several colleges accept both scores now. So whats the difference and which is better?

Shravya H.M. 

Hello Prateek,

More than 1200 B-schools now accept the GRE scores. But there are several that don’t. The sad truth is this, while most B-schools claim they do not have a preference to either of the two, there are instances where schools like Harvard do  admit that students with a GMAT score have a slight edge over those who took the GRE.

So first things first, check your college websites, find out whether your university is biased towards the GMAT and whether or not they accept the GRE.

Secondly, figure out your strengths and weaknesses between Quant and Verbal- The Quant section in GMAT can be daunting to some and the Verbal section may give others nightmares. So play to your strengths. Maybe take a practice test for GRE and GMAT and check which exam you perform better in.

Weigh your options after you receive your scores and analyse the college acceptance rate of the two tests.

But know that thousands of students over the years have gotten into great B-Schools with their GRE scores over the past few years. Take the GMAT only if you wish to go to a Business School. Because GMAT is not accepted instead of the GRE.

Check out this article for a more detailed comparison between the two.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account