This topic contains 0 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

Sir,

I am perusing B.Tech in electronics and communication branch. It is my first year in B.Tech. So, basically what I wanted to ask is can I have any future as an archaeologist?

I have interest in Archaeology but the only query I had is that I am from science baground. So, would it be possible for me to do an archaeological course? And it would be very kind of you if you could provide me the details about how i can join an archaeological Institute. Sir please replies me as soon as possible.

• #5524 Reply
     Anindita Shome 

Hello,

You can join an Archaeology course after your b.tech, but my suggestion would be to go for a distant history course or something similar, meanwhile from Ignou or somewhere equally valid and good, so that you can have a good background before joining or pursuing Archaeology. Thank you.

• #5614 Reply
     avipsitadas 

I suggest that complete what you are currently doing and then complete what your passion leads to. After all you can’t force yourself to work when you don’t like the subject. Think about applying to the schools outside of India. You would get a lot of help there. Work your way through college.

• #5876 Reply
     Olivia Das 

Archaeology is a pretty wide subject. Its a very satisfying and rewarding career but you will probably be disappointed by the low salaries and poor prospects. The ASI and Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR) are the top employers in this field.

But about being an archeologist -If you expect it to be a glamorous one trust me its not! To do this yob you have to feel you have been chosen and have no desire to earn a lot of money. So don’t be disappointed with the amount of money they put in your bank accounts (unless you are a government employee).

You can join an Archaeology course after your b.tech! But complete what you are doing to have a job in your hand (in case of any problem)

Thank You! 🙂

Reply To: Future as an archaeologist
Your information:

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account