05/31/2018 at 3:51 pm #4429Mansi garkhalMemberPoints: 0Rank: Amateur
I want to do preparation for Pantnagar and NEET entrance exam so I wanted to know the details
05/31/2018 at 5:41 pm #10522Asad yar KhanMemberPoints: 6,369Rank: Legendary
NEET OR National Eligibility Entrance Test is conducted by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). For those students who cherish a desire to be a doctor, qualifying NEET is a route to success. This exam acts as a gateway to Medical and Dental Under Graduate courses offered by various government and private medical colleges in India. The government introduced NEET as a common test across the country, with the purpose of replacing many different medical examinations across the country (including AIPMT). Last year, NEET exam was held on May 07, 2017 with the duration of 3 hours. About 11 lakh Aspirants had the option of 10 languages to compete for around 90,000 MBBS and BD seats in all the Government, Private and Deemed Medical colleges across the country.
Thus, clearing NEET is required for admission in the below courses:
- MBBS (Graduate Medical Course)
- BDS (Dental Course)
- PG Course in a Government/Private Medical Colleges in India
However, the undergraduate courses run by the colleges mentioned below have separate examinations for entrance, as these institutes were set up by separate laws:
- All Indian Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi
- Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research in Pondicherry
The eligibility criteria for the candidates who want to appear in the upcoming NEET exam is given below:
- Nationality: Candidates must be an Indian citizen. OCIs/NRIs/PIOs/FNs candidates are also eligible to apply.
- J&K/AP/Telangana: Such candidates are eligible for All India 15% quota only (also eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune) based on self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: Indian National candidates must possess an Aadhaar Number to apply for NEET exam.
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit is 17 years, as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- Maximum Age: The maximum age limit is 25 years (for General candidates) and 30 years (for OBC/SC/ST categories) on the date of exam.
- Examination: Candidates should have passed the intermediate exams (12th) or the equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
Hope that helps!