Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by nikhil nikhil 2 months ago.

• Author
    nikhil nikhil 

I am a Management Postgraduate and a working professional. I am taking NET exam but also want to be eligible for primary and secondary level teaching so want to pursue B.Ed.

I want to know whether IGNOU B.Ed. program is correspondence or part time course. Also tell whether I am eligible for State TET and CTET exams or not?

• #9390 Reply
    Amit Kumar Amit Kumar 

B.Ed. from IGNOU is a part time correspondence course with minimum duration of 2 Years and maximum duration of 5 Years. There is no age bar for the admission seekers in this course.
    Eligibility includes candidates with:

a) at least fifty percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto, and b) (i) Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.

or (ii) Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode.

Yo can take Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) for getting teaching jobs in government schools from Class 1 to Class 8. Paper 1 is meant for teachers opting for Class 1 to Class 5 and Paper 2 for Class 6 to Class 8. It is conducted by both Central government and State governments in India.

The exam is based on National Curriculum Framework and you need to get 60% to be a TET pass.

Eligibility for TET

If you have a B.A, B.Sc, B.Com degree then you are eligible to take the test. B. Ed. graduates also need to pass this exam to work as a teacher. Qualifying marks criteria can be different for different state level exam.

Reply To: Eligibility for state TET and CTET exams.
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account