- 04/25/2019 at 1:55 pm #616961EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principles and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle and apply it to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
1. A person can be arrested without a warrant for committing a cognisable offence.
2. Requisition means demand the use or supply of something by official order and requisition cannot be treated as warrant.
Facts: A requisition, is received by the inspector of Thane, Maharashtra police station from Lucknow police station to arrest Suraj in connection with the commission of cheating, a non-cognisable offence. Suraj has, accordingly, been arrested in compliance with the requisition.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- The arrest was invalid as the requisition cannot be treated as a warrant.
- The arrest is not valid as Suraj has committed the crime in Lucknow and not in Thane, Maharashtra.
- The arrest is valid as Suraj is an offender and he cannot object the arrest by police.
- The arrest is valid because Suraj was an absconding criminal.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad