- 04/25/2019 at 1:58 pm #617022EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle(s) and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle(s) and apply it/them to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
Principle: Patent holders have an exclusive right to use their inventions for monetary benefits.
Facts: Mohan was a PhD holder in IT from IIT-Madras. He invented a special application for smartphones that could manage all the crypto-currency from a single e-wallet and is much safer than the available ones in the market. However, there were little technical glitches with these wallets and they were not compatible with any operating system, other than iPhone. Mohan was approached by Pexpay, another crypto-currency storage service provider, to disclose his technology so that it could be availed by other platforms, like Android, Window etc. Mohan refused to disclose the technology and was sued for breaching the ICP Treaty. Decide.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- There is a substantial public interest involved and the exclusive rights shall be subservient to such interest.
- He has exclusive rights over his inventions, hence cannot be compelled to disclose his technology.
- Being a member of Treaty, Mohan has breached the Treaty. Hence, he must be sued.
- Mohan is liable to disclose the technology because of his membership to Treaty
- None of the above
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad