- 04/25/2019 at 1:55 pm #616969EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle(s) and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle and apply it to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
Principle: Contracts with an illegal object are null and void and cannot be enforced in the court of law.
Facts: Pranjal, a businessman, and Lakku, a don, entered into a contract for a sum of Rs. 10 crore to kill Pranjal’s arch business rival, Bhatti Mehra. After committing to complete the task, Lakku, later on, finds out that his daughter loves Bhatti’s son. Not wanting to hurt his daughter, Lakku backs out and refuses Pranjal to kill Bhatti. Pranjal wants to sue Lakku for the breach of contract.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Pranjal will fail as the object of the contract was illegal. Hence, Lakku will not be liable for the breach of contract.
- Pranjal will fail as he is filing a case against a don and this is not allowed in Indian Law.
- Pranjal will succeed as Lakku has not performed his part for which there was a valid consideration also.
- Pranjal will succeed as Lakku is a notorious criminal and the law will not hear his arguments.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad