- 04/25/2019 at 1:58 pm #617006EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle(s) and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle(s) and apply it/them to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
Principle: Nothing is an offence, which is done by accident or misfortune and without any criminal intention or knowledge in the doing of a lawful act in a lawful manner by lawful means and with proper care and caution.
Facts: A is a woodcutter. When he was at work one day, a number of children flocked to him and asked him to make a cricket bat for them. Without listening to them, he continued to chop woods using a heavy axe. Suddenly, a piece of chopped wood flew and struck one child, who was standing just two feet away from him. As a result, the child lost one eye.
Is A liable for the injury caused to the boy?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- A is liable for causing injury to child.
- A is not liable because it was merely an accident.
- A is not liable because children flocked to him.
- A is liable because he has the knowledge that the boys standing near him may get hurt.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad