- 04/25/2019 at 1:58 pm #616996EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle(s) and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle(s) and apply it/them to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
1. Whoever, being the husband or the relative of the husband of a woman, subjects such woman to cruelty shall be punished with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and shall also be liable to fine.
2. Where the death of a woman is caused by any burns or bodily injury or occurs otherwise than under normal circumstances, within seven years of her marriage and it is shown that soon before her death, she was subjected to cruelty or harassment by her husband or any relative of her husband for, or in connection with, any demand for dowry, such death shall be called dowry death.
Facts: Anita, a married woman, died within 7 years of her marriage. Her dead body was recovered from a well, adjacent to her matrimonial home. The cause of death, according to post mortem report, was not drowning, but strangulation. There was a witness account to that. Since her marriage, the girl was being tortured and even assaulted for dowry. Thereby, a few letters were recovered, telling her woeful story written by her before her death.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- It is a case of dowry death.
- It is a case of cruelty.
- Both (1) and (2)
- It does not amount to cruelty because the lady died after 7 years of her marriage.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad