- 04/25/2019 at 1:55 pm #616963EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle and apply it to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
1. If a person commits an act by which death is caused to another person and the act is done with the intention of causing death, that person is liable for murder.
2. A person has a right of self-defence under IPC to the extent of causing death to another provided he apprehends death by the act of the latter.
Facts: Mohan went to a flower shop owned by Sohan. Bargaining on the price of rose flower led to fight between the two and Mohan picked up a sharp knife and hit Sohan with it. When Sohan started bleeding, his wife Shanti Devi intervened. She was also hit by Mohan and she became unconscious. Finding himself totally cornered, Sohan delivered a severe blow to Mohan with a sharp object which was used to cut the stem of flowers. Mohan died instantly.
Decide the liability of Sohan.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Sohan killed Mohan, hence he must be punished accordingly.
- Sohan killed Mohan in grave and sudden provocation, hence he is protected by the law.
- Sohan did not kill Mohan as he was acting in the self defence which is beyond any reasonable doubt.
- Both Sohan and Shanti Devi are equally liable for the death of Mohan.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad