- 04/25/2019 at 1:55 pm #616959EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: The question consists of two statements, one labelled as Principle and the other as Facts. You are to examine the principle and apply it to the given facts carefully and select the best option.
Principle: Everyone has the right to defend their life and property against criminal harm provided it is not possible to approach public authorities and more harm than that is necessary has not been caused to avert the danger.
Facts: Wakeeta on returning home late after work was accosted by an armed vagabond who tried to rob her purse and valuables at knifepoint. Wakeeta raised an alarm but was unsuccessful in obtaining help. In the ensuing struggle, Wakeeta snatched the knife from the brigand and killed him.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- She can claim the right of private defence as she was defending her life and property.
- She can claim private defence as law does not consider the value of vagabond's life.
- She cannot claim private defence as to defend a few valuables a person cannot be killed.
- She cannot claim private defence as it was her own fault that she was coming home late at night.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad