- 04/25/2019 at 1:58 pm #616992EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: In this question, one or more principles are given followed by some facts. Read the principle(s) carefully and apply it/them to the given facts and choose the most appropriate option.
Principle: Article 23 – Traffic in human beings and begar and other similar forms of forced labour is prohibited and an offence punishable in accordance with law.
Facts: Sanjana, an 18 year old girl, was trafficked to Kolkata when she was just 15. Her parents who were daily wage labourers with four children agreed to send her to the city after a local, Samyukta, told them that she could get a good job there. But instead, Sanjana was forcibly sold in marriage to a 40-year old man Raju. Sanjana wants to know if she has any remedy under the constitutional provisions.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Under the Hindu Marriage Act, Sanjana can file for a divorce from Raju.
- Sanjana can file a criminal complaint against both Raju and Samyukta.
- Sanjana can invoke Article 23 for obtaining freedom from forced marriage and get Samyukta punished.
- Under 498-A of IPC, Sanjana can file a complaint.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad