- 04/25/2019 at 1:58 pm #616990EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: In this question, one or more principles are given followed by some facts. Read the principle(s) carefully and apply it/them to the given facts and choose the most appropriate option.
1. Article 14 forbids class legislation; it does not forbid classification or differentiation which rests upon reasonable grounds of distinction.
2. Class legislation is that which makes an improper discrimination by conferring particular privileges upon a class of persons arbitrarily selected from a large number of persons all of whom stand in the same relation to the privilege granted that between whom and the persons not so favoured, no reasonable distinction or substantial difference can be found justifying the inclusion of one and the exclusion of the other from such privilege.
Facts: A college in Garib Pradesh, classified students for admission in the college on the basis of one who are coming from rural schools and the other who are coming from urban schools. Students from the rural area were given only 20% of the seats. Students challenged the classification.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- It is at the discretion of the college to set the criteria of admission.
- Students cannot be justified as the classification is reasonable.
- Students are justified and will succeed as classification is arbitrary and violative of Article 14.
- This amounts to geographical discrimination. No such action lies.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad