- 04/25/2019 at 1:56 pm #616985EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: In this question, one or more principles are given followed by some facts. Read the principle(s) carefully and apply it/them to the given facts and choose the correct option accordingly.
1. A minor is absolutely incompetent to contract; the agreement with minor is void ab initio.
2. No estoppel against a minor. Where a minor by misrepresenting his age has induced the other party to enter into a contract with him, he cannot be made liable for the contract.
3. Power of attorney means the authority to act for another person in specified or all legal or financial matters.
Facts: Reena, a minor daughter of deceased Rohit, inherited part of his property constituting land. While minor, she executed general power of attorney in favour of her mother Ruhani, who executed a sale deed of land belonging to her daughter, Reena without taking permission from the District Court, in favour of Dev. Now, after attaining the majority, Reena wants to get the transaction annulled.
Decide the case.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Reena will be estopped due to her act and conduct.
- Dev is a bonafide purchaser, thus he cannot be held liable.
- Reena will succeed and the sale by her mother will be void.
- None of the above
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad