- 04/24/2019 at 10:04 am #593579EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: Below is given a passage followed by several possible inferences, which can be drawn from the facts stated in the passage. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity.
There has been a complete turnaround in global coal markets over the last couple of years. While a booming economy led China to turn from being a net coal exporter into a net importer, Japanese nuclear closures contributed to additional demand for steam coal imports. A weakening USA dollar led exporters to further nudge prices northwards. As a result, global coal prices jumped from about $25 per tonne in 2003 to over $60 per tonne by July 2004. Above all, Chinese demand for commodities sent bulk cargo freight rates to dizzying heights of $25-30 per tonne. While there has been some moderation in coal prices, since July 2004, prices effectively remained above $50 per tonne during the first-half of 2005. In the ensuing scenario, the rationale for large scale imports of coal needs to be revisited. In fact, citing high prices, utilities are shying away from importing coal as per the scheduled plan for 2005-06. This has led to additional pressure on indigenous coal companies, already stressed with enhanced production targets.
In the changing scenario, Indian utility companies are considering alternatives to coal for their energy requirements.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- If the inference is 'definitely true', it properly follows from the facts given
- If the inference is 'probably true' though not 'definitely true' in the light of the facts given
- If the 'data is inadequate', from the facts given, you cannot say whether the inference is likely to be true or false
- If the inference is 'probably false' though not 'definitely false' in the light of the facts given
- If the inference is 'definitely false', it cannot possibly be drawn from the facts given or it contradicts the given facts
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad