- 04/20/2019 at 2:51 am #546578EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Directions: Answer the following question by selecting the most appropriate option.
A class VIII student makes the statement: "We live inside the Earth and it is round. That's why Columbus's ship returned to the starting point." How is the science teacher of class VIII best advised to react?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Challenge the child's idea by presenting pictures taken from the space and helping her in understanding how large the radius of the Earth is.
- Explain that although the Earth is round like a ball, yet it appears circular like a plate.
- Accept the statement as it indicates the child's idea and it needs to be respected.
- Reject the statement and tell the child that it is like a globe and we live on the surface of the round Earth.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad