- 04/13/2019 at 2:14 am #451228Rohit ManglikParticipantSelect Question Language :
Directions: A brief passage or a statement is given. Select the theme based on the information provided in the passage/statement. Critically examine the five alternative answer options marked (1) to (5) and choose the best answer.
Software engineering has for nearly 30 years sworn by Brooks` Law, which states that as the number of program developers increases, the number of bugs increases exponentially. Beyond the minimum number required to get the job done, adding people produces a result that is late, of inferior quality, and over-budget.
How did the motley Linus crew overturn Brooks` Law? Open source software evangelist Eric Raymond proffers three design process principles to explain this phenomenon:
Treating your users as co-developers is a least hassle route to rapid code improvement and effective debugging.
Release early. Release often. And listen to your customers.
Given enough testers and co-designers, almost every problem will be identified quickly; the fix will become obvious to someone.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- If restricting the number of software developers as per Brooks` Law, encourage and help shape self-organisation among your customers and others.
- If you play your cards right, customer collaboration can be harnessed to enable you to create better products and services.
- Don`t hesitate to shout out about your problems and design deficiencies. In this internet age someone will hear you out and come up with valuable suggestions.
- The rapid strides in worldwide internet have made the Brooks` Law irrelevant, at least as far as Software Engineering is concerned.
- Software designers should always embrace the customer interest and opinions to develop better products.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad