This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EduGorilla 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author
     EduGorilla 
    Keymaster
    Select Question Language :

Direction: The passage is followed by a set of five statements. Answer according to the directions given for each question.

Because while everybody is complaining about young people compromising their hearing and vision with smartphones, the fact is that a huge and growing proportion of our population is compromised by age. Drivers should be driving on the assumption the person in the road is not looking or seeing them, because they might not be able to.

Our roads, intersections and speed limits should be designed for this as well because it’s just going to get worse as the 75 million baby boomers age. I’m fit because I bike everywhere, but I am compromised. I have to wear fancy hearables and am doing watchful waiting for cataract surgery. I’m going through what happens to everyone as they age.

Which of the above is a false inference from the passage?

Options :-

1. Cycling to work, home and using it as a general means of getting to places is a good way to stay fit, especially as one grows older
    2. The author is waiting to get a slot booking for cataract surgery
    3. On the road, the onus is upon the driver to look out for pedestrians and not the other way round, as the pedestrians might not be able to notice cars coming their way
    4. The author is one of the so called 75 million baby boomers
    5. Drivers behind the wheel bear the onus of accidents involving pedestrians even when there are no explicit rules stating otherwise
    Post your Training /Course Enquiry
    Are You looking institutes / coaching center for
    • IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
    • Bank PO, SSC, Railways
    • Study Abroad
    Select your Training / Study category
Reply To: Direction: The passage is followed by a set of five statements. Answer according to the directions ….
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account