This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EduGorilla 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Author
     EduGorilla 
    Keymaster
    Select Question Language :

Direction: In the given question, a theme followed by three passages is given. Determine which passage is based on the given theme and mark it as your option. More than one passage can be based on the given theme.
    Moradabad: the city where electronics go to die
    I. Moradabad’s old specialty of brass manufacture simplified the shift to recycling electronic waste. Brass making requires high heat to melt and combine copper and zinc. Pit furnaces, used to turn the recovered metals into ingots, were available and well understood.
    II. Locals in Moradabad in western Uttar Pradesh described the process of recycling electronic waste. Once the basic dismantling and separation were achieved, different methods of extraction followed: typically burning, grinding, washing and bathing in acid.
    III. The city of Moradabad, home to 900,000 people, was once celebrated as the brass capital of India. Now it is notorious as a centre for e-waste processing, an industry built on the declining fortunes of its famed brassware sector. This e-waste economy is thriving as the hazardous material, exported from the affluent developed world, continues to plague cities in developing countries.

Options :-

1. Both I and II
    2. Both II and III
    3. Both I and III
    4. Both I and II
    5. None of these
    Post your Training /Course Enquiry
    Are You looking institutes / coaching center for
    • IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
    • Bank PO, SSC, Railways
    • Study Abroad
    Select your Training / Study category
Reply To: Direction: In the given question, a theme followed by three passages is given. Determine which passa….
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account