This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EduGorilla 2 years, 5 months ago.

• Author
     EduGorilla 
    Keymaster
    Select Question Language :

Direction: In the given question, a theme followed by three passages is given. Determine which passage is based on the given theme and mark it as your option. More than one passage can be based on the given theme.
    Exploring Gandhi’s principles

I. By criticising Gandhi theoretically, one might do him wrong, as he was no systematic thinker and drew his conclusions mostly from experience, from the applicability of his ‘truths’ on the battlefield of life. Nevertheless, he also attempted to pin down his ‘philosophy’ in innumerable writings. Gandhi’s view on ahimsa is based on several arguments, of which some have to be omitted here.
    II. In the late afternoon of January 30, 1948, the 78-year-old Gandhi, weakened from repeated hunger strikes, clung to his two grandnieces as they led him from his living quarters in New Delhi’s Birla House to a prayer meeting. Hindu extremist Nathuram Godse, upset at Gandhi’s tolerance of Muslims, knelt before the Mahatma before pulling out a semiautomatic pistol and shooting him three times at point-blank range.
    III. Gandhism is a body of ideas that describes the inspiration, vision and the life work of Mohandas Gandhi. It is particularly associated with his contributions to the idea of nonviolent resistance, sometimes also called civil resistance. The two pillars of Gandhism are truth and non-violence.

Options :-

1. Only I
    2. Only II
    3. Both I and II
    4. Both I and III
    5. Both II and III
    Post your Training /Course Enquiry
    Are You looking institutes / coaching center for
    • IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
    • Bank PO, SSC, Railways
    • Study Abroad
    Select your Training / Study category
Reply To: Direction: In the given question, a theme followed by three passages is given. Determine which passa….
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account