- 07/16/2019 at 8:41 am #1488258EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Direction: Five statements are given below, labelled A, B, C, D and E. Among these, four statements are in logical order and form a coherent paragraph/passage. From the given options, choose the option that does not fit into the theme of the passage.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Biogeography essentially examines the geographic distribution of species and the various geological, evolutionary, climatic, and ecological conditions that influenced this distribution.
- The study of island biogeography is a field within biogeography that attempts to establish and explain the factors that affect the species diversity of a particular community.
- Also known as the equilibrium theory of island biogeography (ETIB), it holds that the number of species found on an island is determined by two factors.
- This theory was tested by Wilson and his student Daniel Simberloff in the mangroves off Florida.
- Within a few years of the publishing of the theory, its application to the field of conservation biology had been realized and was being vigorously debated in ecological circles.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad