- 07/16/2019 at 8:48 am #1488296EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Direction: Choose the option that best captures the essence of the text.
The human race is spread all over the world, from the polar regions to the tropics. The people of whom it is made up eat different kinds of food, partly according to the climate in which they live, and partly according to the kind of food which their country produces. In hot climates, meat and fat are not much needed; but in the Arctic regions they seem to be very necessary for keeping up the heat of the body. Thus, in India, people live chiefly on different kinds of grains, eggs, milk, or sometimes fish and meat. In Europe, people eat more meat and less grain.
In the Arctic regions, where no grains and fruits are produced, the Eskimo and other races live almost entirely on meat and fish.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Food eaten by people in different regions of the world depends on the climate and produce of the region, and varies from meat and fish in the Arctic to predominantly grains in the tropics.
- Hot climates require people to eat grains while cold regions require people to eat meat and fish.
- In hot countries people eat mainly grains while in the Arctic, they eat meat and fish because they cannot grow grains.
- People in the Arctic region take meat while they like grain just because the area does not produce grain in ample amount.
- It is essential to note that the choice of food is responsible is dependent on the religious and the cultural beliefs of the people and it is almost logical to think that it is the natural order.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad