- 07/16/2019 at 8:45 am #1488282EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Direction: Choose the option that best captures the essence of the text.
Local communities have often come in conflict with agents trying to exploit resources, at a faster pace, for an unexploited commercial-industrial economy. More often than not, such agents of resource-intensification are given preferential treatment by the state, through the grant of generous long leases over mineral or fish stocks, for example, or the provision of raw material at an enormously subsidized price. With the injustice so compounded, local communities at the receiving end of this process have no resource expert direct action, resisting both the state and outside exploiters through a variety of protest techniques. These struggles might perhaps be seen as a manifestation of a new kind of class conflict.
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- A new kind of class conflict arises from preferential treatment given agents of resource - intensification by the state which the local community sees as unfair.
- The grant of long leases of agents of resource-intensification for an expanding commercial – industrial economy leads to direct protests from the local community, which sees it as unfair.
- Preferential treatment given by the state to agents of resource-intensification for an expanding commercial – industrial economy exacerbates injustice to local communities and lead to direct protest from them, resulting in a new type of class conflict.
- Local communities have no option but to protest against agents of resource-intensification and create a new type of class conflict when they are given raw material at subsidized prices for an expanding commercial-industrial economy.
- The need for exponential growth is one of the biggest reasons behind giving people resource agents a preferential treatment and it has not been taken as a welcome sign by most of the locals.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad