This topic contains 0 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  EduGorilla 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author
     EduGorilla 
    Keymaster
    Select Question Language :

Direction: Choose the option that best captures the essence of the text.
    Death is the cessation of all biological functions that sustain a living organism. A life of action and danger moderates the dread of death. It not only gives us fortitude to bear pain, but teaches us at every step the precarious tenure on which we hold our present being. Sedentary and studious men are the most apprehensive on this score. The most rational cure after all for the inordinate fear of death is to set a just value on life. If we mere wish to continue on the scene to indulge our head-strong humour and tormenting passions, we had better be gone at once,; and if we only cherish a fondness for existence according to the good we desire from it, the pang we feel at parting which it will not be very server.

(i) If we lead an active life facing dangers, we will fear death less than those who lead a lazy and peaceful life.
    (ii) As long as we are alive we should take risks, be active and cherish our existence, in that way when the time of death comes we will comparatively feel less emotional pain.
    (iii) Death is a certain phenomenon and we should therefore accept it because we can’t change it.

Options :-

1. Only option (i) is correct
    2. Only option (ii) is correct
    3. Only option (iii) is correct
    4. Both option (i) and (ii) is correct
    5. None is correct
    Post your Training /Course Enquiry
    Are You looking institutes / coaching center for
    • IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
    • Bank PO, SSC, Railways
    • Study Abroad
    Select your Training / Study category
Reply To: Direction: Choose the option that best captures the essence of the text.Death is the cessation of al….
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account