This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Kadamb Sachdeva 1 year, 3 months ago.

• Author
     Akshay Kothari 
    Participant

I have done my engineering in Computer Science. Now I want to pursue Master’s degree. I want to know which exam would be best to appear in: IIT JAM or JEST?

• #9526 Reply
     Kadamb Sachdeva 

Hello,

Checkout the difference between IIT JAM and JEST Exam:
    IIT JAM is Joint Admission test for MSc. It is an entrance exam for the candidates who want to get admitted in IITs, NITs, or IISc to pursue M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc.-M.Tech. and M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree.

IIT JAM exam is conducted every year in the month of February. In 2018, JAM exam will be conducted in the third week of February. To appear in the exam, you must satisfy the eligibility criteria for JAM Examination.
    JAM Exam is conducted in seven subjects:
    • Physics
    • Chemistry
    • Mathematics
    • Biological Science
    • Biotechnology
    • Mathematical Statistics
    • Geology

JEST is Joint Entrance Screening Test. It is a screening test conducted for the candidates who want to pursue MSc, Integrated PhD and PhD programmes in Physics, Theoretical Computer Science, Neuroscience and Computational Biology.

JEST has been declared as a National Eligibility Test by Science and Engineering Research Board. Aspirants are informed that securing a rank in JEST does not confirm admission in any college accepting the exam scores for admission. After qualifying JEST exam, candidates need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned by the institutes.

Best of Luck!

Reply To: Difference between IIT JAM and JEST Exam
Your information:

Comment

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50% OFF!
icon

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account