- 04/25/2019 at 7:11 am #608442EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
Consider the following information.Z handed over a blank cheque to Mr. X for payment against certain goods purchased by Z. The value of goods was to be ascertained later and amount was to be filled accordingly. X however filled a much higher amount than the value of goods. Bank accordingly made the payment and Z claimed damages from the bank for wrong payment of a higher amount. Which of the following options is correct?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- Z is not liable for this payment and bank should restore it.
- Bank is liable for this payment as the cheque was issued originally as a blank cheque.
- Bank is not liable for payment as at at the time of payment of the cheque, it was complete.
- Bank is liable for a cheque where visibly it is completed through two hand writings.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad