07/02/2016 at 12:00 am #621Arpit Raj MallMemberRank: Top MBA Colleges in New Zealand
I have just completed my graduation in B.Com and I don’t know what to do ahead, will you guide me please
12/16/2016 at 12:00 am #5548Shraddha GoelMemberRank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?
Your problem is very well understood as in today’s world, a simple graduation is never enough. You always need to study further, by either doing a post graduation or taking up a professional course. Hence what you can do is consider the following options and decide what interests you the most:
- Chartered Accountancy- requires to clear 3 exams and a 2.5-3 year articleship.
- Masters in Commerce- 2 year post graduation degree which widens your understanding of commerce as a subject.
- MBA- a 2 year professional course that makes you earn a lot after recruitment in a good recognised company.
Talking about international courses:
- Certified management accountant: You get to work in top MNCs after this course which widens your knowledge about financial planning, control, decision support and professional ethics.
- Certified public Accounting: Highest standard of competence in accountancy administered by AICPA. It is similar to CA in India, but CPA builds your knowledge in GAAPs, GAAS, IFRS and business laws too.
After B.Com you can also go for various government jobs in India.
12/22/2016 at 12:00 am #5894Olivia DasMemberRank: Is Interior Designing a Good Career Option
There are plentiful job opportunities for the commerce graduates in India and abroad.
After completion of bcom you can go for both public and private undertakings.Various tests are conducted in public sector for the recruitment of these graduates. You can attend the U.P.S.C. exams, Combined Defense Services exam, Air Force Accounts exams and so on. Aspirants can also apply for the banking sector jobs like clerical and Probationary Officers jobs.
There are variety of certification courses like Chartered Accountancy (CA), Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), ICWA, CFP and Company Secretary Ship (CS).
You can also go for GRE, GMAT for abroad going opportunities!
My suggestion would be, to pursue Chartered Accountancy which is a very respectable profession in commerce stream. Their work mainly involves auditing, accounting and tax related matters. Would take you 3yrs to complete it and requires to clear 3 exams.
Choose what suits you the best! 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.