Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

hello dear members
    myself rohit from bangalore and i m here today guys to know some details regarding the careers in dairy science. as i m very much interested in entering into this field, so please guys guide me and help me in building a brighter future so that i will be able to go ahead with my decision. hoping for a positive reply from you guys very sooner. and also thanking you

• #8186 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

hello rohit this is one of the base fields to work on

here are the details

Depending on one’s career of choice, entering the dairy production industry may require a postsecondary certificate or an associate’s degree. Some positions may only require some life experience working on a farm. Jobs in the dairy industry include dairy farm workers, who specialize in caring for animals and maintaining equipment, or food science technicians, who help develop or improve milk-based products. Some online programs in food science exist, but many employers prefer professionals with practical experience and a more formal certificate or degree.

Careers Agricultural Worker Food Science Technician
    Required Education None, typically; High school diploma for animal breeders Postsecondary certificate of associate’s degree
    Projected Job Outlook (2014-2024)* 6% decline 5% growth
    Annual Median Salary (2015)* $29,830 $36,480

Source: *U. S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Dairy Farm Worker

Dairy farm workers care for the animals and equipment used in milk production. Employees at a dairy may feed and water livestock, clean and maintain machinery and animal living quarters, keep records on the animals and monitor the health of cattle.

They may also be responsible for assisting in the birth of calves and administering vaccines or other medications. Dairy cows must be milked daily, and dairy workers operate the machinery that extracts, purifies and stores milk, which also requires carefully following sanitation practices.

Reply To: careers in dairy science
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account