This topic contains 0 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

Can someone help me to find good book for Verbal Aptitude? I have not been able to find a good book…what else should I do to improve my Verbal Section? Please help!

• #5428 Reply
     Shraddha Goel 

I recommend you the following books for Verbal Aptitude:

• Most important, a good dictionary
    • Word Power Made Easy, Norman Lewis
    • Read the Hindu Editorial daily
    • Verbal and non-verbal Reasoning by RS Agarwal is read a lot too.

Apart from this, you should watch english news channels as they improve your verbal ability and listening ability at the same time. You can also try LIVIO online app which is an offline dictionary, quite contrary to the name though.
    An hour of concentrated study every day will work out the best. šŸ™‚

• #5452 Reply
     Olivia Das 

For verbal ability:

BOOKS

• Best book for Vocabulary- Word Power Made Easy, Norman Lewis
    • Best book for practicing verbal ability (MBA)- How to prepare for verbal ability and reading comprehension.(preferably 7th edition )
    • For normal job purposes (easier than CAT level)- Verbal and non-verbal Reasoning by R.S. Agarwala.

Apart from the above mentioned books, you have to read any good newspaper(eg-The Economist or Hindu) daily. Mark the words that you don’t understand and memorize there meanings! This would help a lot!

If you are not from a English medium background then start reading easier newspapers( The times of india etc.) And then gradually move towards the tougher ones as i mentioned above.

At the beginning it might be difficult but meanwhile it would be like a cake-walk! šŸ™‚

Reply To: Can someone recommend a good book for verbal aptitude
Your information:

Verify Yourself

GET UPTO 50%    OFF!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account