07/04/2016 at 12:00 am #657Arpit Raj MallMemberPoints: 0Rank: Amateur
I have done B.Sc. (PCM) is there any course of 3D Designing or Animation in PG level. What job can i get. What salary will be?
12/24/2016 at 12:00 am #6148Shraddha GoelMemberPoints: 474Rank: Rookie
Yes many institutes provide a 2 year post graduation in Multimedia and Animation.
Some of the jobs offered in the industry are :
• Content developer
• Modeler – Modeler is the one who makes the models for animation. They should have a solid understanding of anatomy, form and volume.
• Story Broad Artist – Those with strong drawing skills could be hired as storyboard artists who can visualize a sequence of events from frame to frame.
• Character animator- They brings characters to life and generally has knowledge of traditional animation, stop-motion animation as well as claymation
• Background artist- The background artist is the person who specialises to paint the background of the characters and sets the background for the project.
• Layout artist- layout artist is just like a cinematographer of that animation project as they are decides the lighting and camera angles and he is sketching the background design for the animation.
• 2D animator – They involves the creation of a high volume of separate drawings that define a sequence.
• In-between animator- In between animator one can learn all the basics of animation and it is the beginning position of an animator.
• Scanner operator-The scanner operator does the scanning of the clean up artist’s drawings.
• Compositing artist – Compositing consists of layering individual frames of animation on top of one another to create final images. These images are then strung together to create complete shots or mini animated movies.
• Special effects artist – They integrate live-action footage with Computer Generated Imagery (CGI) or other elements (such as model work)
• Audio & video specialist
• Texture artist – They applies a surface to the 3D modeled character, object or environment.
• Rigging artist – A rigging artist takes the modeled, textured 3D character or object and sets it up with a skeletal system or joints (if required). Without this step, the 3D model would not be able to animate, talk or move fluidly and correctly.
• Clean-up artist- The clean up artist checks the accuracy and consistency of the designs and drawings. To be a good clean up artist, he should have good draft-man skill with the knowledge of density, width, volume and mass.
• Lighting artist – They create variations of shade, colour intensity and shadows
Digital ink and paint artist- It is the duty of a digital ink and paint artist to give colours to each frame.
Compositor- It is the compositor brings together all the different characters and backgrounds in to single frame.
• Key frame animator- Key frame animator draws the pictures of a movement’s beginning and end.
• Rendering artist – They take all the data in a scene such as models, textures, animation, lighting, etc and output the correct combination in the form of individual frames of animation.
• 3D animator – They takes the sculpted, textured and rigged 3D model and breathes life into it. This is done by putting in order the key frames such that they appear to be in motion.
• Image Editor – They assembles various visual and audio components of the film into a coherent and effective whole
Website designing, CD-Rom production, graphics designing and three-dimensional product modeling are some other fields where animators can gain employment.
Salary is however average and may vary depending upon the job position you get. 🙂