Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Sanjana Sanjana 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Kishan Kamlesh Kishan Kamlesh 

Never make a career choice based just on advices. People my advise what is currently the best but it might not necessarily be the best for you, maybe because of your different interests or strengths or weaknesses etc.

Hence, it is always imperative to judge those first. What are your strengths, in this particular case, how are you with computers? Does a software job really interests you? Have you ever had exposure to coding? And numerous other questions shall help you determine what branch you want to go for. Biotechnology is an emerging field and has no shortage of opportunities if you’re good in that particular Field. Computer science, as lucrative as it is, has to be the most competitive field right now and you’d have to be great at your studies to really secure a decent job!

Hope this helps!

• #8990 Reply
    Arathi Nayak Arathi Nayak 

As a Computer Science student myself, I would strongly advise you to choose the branch that you are genuinely interested in. If you pursue Computer Science Engineering without any interest in the subject, you will not be able to cope up with the subject. You have to design algorithm, write pages of code and learn Computer Software. To understand these things completely you need to have passion and interest. If you like Biology more than Computer Science, choose Bio-Tech without hesitation. BioTech is quite different from Computer Science branch

• #3629 Reply
    Sanjana Sanjana 

Hi,

I like to study Biology, but I am also getting advice to go for Computer Science.

Which stream should i select, Biotechnology or Computer Science?

Thanks

• #8946 Reply
    Rahul Singhania Rahul Singhania 

If you like biology and would like to make a career in it,please go for Biotechnology. No doubt Computer Science is a very lucrative field which offers a lot in the job,but would you rather be a great Biotech Engineer or an average Computer Science Engineer.Studying what you like should always be your priority,as it would ultimately help you in your career and life.

All the best 🙂

Feel free to contact me for any further queries.

• #9070 Reply
    Abhishek Mookherjee Abhishek Mookherjee 

Hi

First of all I’d suggest going for what really ingnites your soul because you’d rather be good at something you like than be mediocre at something others suggest you to do.

Secondly, according to newspapers, there are going to be major cuts in the work forces of the IT industry by next year, which means a lot of computer engineers will be losing their jobs with nothing to fall back on. So I’d strongly suggest going for biology over computer. Also you can always learn programming languages through online courses.

However, if you’re still interested in both subjects, you can opt for bioinformatics. This is a classic combination of biology and programming. It involves programming genetic codes. It’s an emerging sector but it has a lot of potential in the long run.

I hope this helps you.

All the very best!!

Reply To: Biotechnology or Computer Science
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account