Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Rakesh varma 1 month ago.

• Author
     Manikanta 
    Rank: I am little worried about my admissions in IIT. What are the other options suppose if I don’t make it ?

Hello Rambabu

Airlines is really an interesting field. Here are the details regarding this career

There are two major career paths that one may follow as an airline pilot. Pilots who fly short-haul flights may fly the same aircraft several times in one day. Their flying hours are generally fixed and they may wake up and sleep in the same bed on any given day. Other pilots, who fly long-haul flights, normally do not wake up and sleep in the same bed on any given day. They must get used to spending nights in unfamiliar places, and spending long hours in a cockpit of a large commercial airliner. However, most pilots do not get to choose the routes they fly as these are assigned by airlines depending on their skill and experience levels.

Typical airline pilot duties include making sure the cargo and passengers have been loaded, ensuring the flight instruments are working properly, taxiing the plane to the runway, taking off, maintaining the plane at cruise altitude, making safety and information announcements to passengers, fly the plane to maintain flight level, making an approach to the destination airport, landing, taxiing to the gate, ensuring disembarkation and parking the aircraft. Their job also includes communicating with air traffic controllers, calculating required fuel levels, checking weather conditions and checking aircraft weight.

In India, airline pilots earn anywhere between Rs. 300,000 and Rs. 800,000 per month, depending on their employers and level of experience. On average, airline pilots in the United States earn $60,000 annually.

Rakesh varma 

Hello Guys

Myself Ram and I m from Pune. I have a great dream of becoming a pilot right from the childhood. I m ready to do any type of hard work and can face any type of challenges that comes in my way. So I sincerely request you guys to give me some guidelines and other things of which I must be aware of in becoming a pilot. Also kindly mention details like salary.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account