This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Ankita Srivastav 9 months, 3 weeks ago.
- 03/05/2017 at 12:00 am #2368Rakesh varmaMember
Could anyone please provide me with the details regarding the air hostess age limit. I ‘m very much interested in this field right from the beginining and has a dream to become successful in my life. So guys please proivde me all the detalils neccesary .Thanking you
- 03/05/2017 at 12:00 am #8266ManikantaMember
Air hostess is really an interesting work to do on. Here are the complete details:
Becoming an Air Hostess is a promising career option for young, smart and extrovert women. It provides an exciting experience of visiting different places, interacting with people while flying high in the sky. Many young girls opt for the career because of the exciting experience of flying, visiting different places, interacting with different kinds of people on board and for the very attractive pay package. The air hostess is known as the first person to welcome a passenger, her welcoming smile and greeting acknowledge every passenger.
Liberalisation of air policies have increased the private operation of air services and this has created immense job opportunities in this field. Even though this career gives exciting experience, it is not as easy as it seems.
- 12/01/2018 at 11:15 am #222789Ankita Srivastav
Cabin Crew/Air Hostess
While the pilots fly the passengers safely, who is to take care of the passengers’ needs and safety during the flight? One of the primary responsibilities of the cabin crew is to ensure and assure the safety of passengers. They demonstrate how to use the safety and emergency equipment in case of emergency and ensure passengers’ seat belts are fastened. Besides serving and selling beverages and meals, attending to emergency medical care and other passengers’ needs is one of their primary duties. Coming to salary, as an air hostess, you can earn anywhere between 20K INR to 2 Lakhs per month.
If you want to be one of them, make sure satisfy all the eligibility criteria mentioned below.
• Minimum 18 years old. (For few airlines it is 19 — twenty for a few others. However, the min age limit is never beyond 21. This doesn’t mean
you can’t apply for the job if you’re 22 or beyond.)
• 12th pass (Degree preferred)
• Certified as medically fit by DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation)
• No visible tattoo and body piercing
• No unusual hairstyle (unnatural hair colours like purple and green are not accepted) or make-up
An air hostess must be an excellent communicator.
Being Attentiveness and safety conscious is extremely important, especially because passengers’ safety is solely cabin crew’s responsibility
An air hostess job is not glamorous all the time. To survive as an air hostess, you need to be physically strong. The job requires you to push, pull and lift heavy luggage. Walk and stand for long hours
Customer Service Skills
If you satisfy all the criteria mentioned above and serious about pursuing your career as a cabin crew, then I think should rather be busy preparing a killing CV and looking out for interviews. However, you might as well consider pursuing a degree/diploma/certificate courses in airline hospitality. These courses not only hone your skills but also makes you more competitive and needed. It surely makes your job-hunting much easier.
• Bachelor of Hospitality and Travel Management
• Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
• B.Sc. in Air Hostess Training
• Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
• Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant Training
• Diploma in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Management
• Certification course in Aviation Management and Hospitality
• Certification course in Aviation Customer Service
• Certification course in Air Hostess Training
For more detailed information on aviation & airport management visit: https://campushunt.in/blog/best-bba-aviation-airport-management-colleges-bangalore/
Hope this will help you:-)