Tagged: 

This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 2 months ago.

• Author
    Rakesh varma Rakesh varma 

hello members
    myself karunya from vizag and I m here today to know some details regarding the after pharmd further studies. i m very talented and hard working i believe. so anyone could kindly provide me the answers regarding the after pharmd further studies so that i can prepare myself accordingly and can reach to the further heights in my life. please help me guys.hoping for a sooner reply

• #8160 Reply
    Manikanta Manikanta 

hello karunya

so you are interested in pharmd which is really a good platfrom to build your career. here are the details

Yes, there are additional courses you may do after a PharmD…though the question doesn’t specify, you are probably referring to programs in general.

Clinical Pharmacist – If you want to be a clinical pharmacist, you will likely need to complete a 1 or 2 year residency, usually at a hospital. These programs will teach you to truly be a pharmacotherapy expert in a specialty, like pediatrics.

Industrial Fellow A lot of pharmaceutical companies offer what’s called a fellowship. These jobs are 1 to 2 year programs that basically train graduates to work in industry. Areas that pharmacists can work in include: medical affairs, pharmacovigilance, regulatory, marketing, business, clinical research, and drug information. After a 2 year program, pharmacists usually end up with good jobs.

Note that I did not do a fellowship, yet I currently work in the pharmaceutical industry, so it is not necessary to do a fellowship to enter the industry.

You should consider applying for either of these options by your last year of pharmacy school; the majority of residents and fellows are recent graduates. Applying usually occurs around December during what’s called the Midyear Clinical Meeting (Meetings and Conferences). This conference is basically the largest gathering of pharmacists and perhaps, due to its timing and convenience, a lot of programs recruit candidates here.

There are several other options like an MBA, or life support and vaccination certifications, and additional training in other fields.

In addition, there are required courses for all pharmacists who want to maintain their license:

Continuing education – the requirements vary by state, but in order to maintain your pharmacist license, you have to complete a certain number of credits in different areas, like law. There are several programs that offer these kinds of courses.

It really depends on what you want to do.

Reply To: after pharmd further studies
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account