This topic contains 0 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Rohan Singh Rohan Singh 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Rohan Singh Rohan Singh 

I’m from Delhi and currently studying in class 11th. I have commerce with math as my subject. I dont want to do CA after school. Can someone suggest career options for commerce background?

Thanks.

• #8896 Reply
    Tushar Singh Tushar Singh 

B.Com or Economics Hons. are a popular choice and Delhi Univeristy is the best place to pursue these courses.
    However, only go for these courses if you are interested in Accountancy ( for B.COM) or Economics ( ECO. HONS.)!
    Take your time to understand these subjects well.

If you do not like those subjects, you can go for Statistics Hons. or Mathematics Hons.

You can switch streams and study Political Science, History , International Relations and other Humanities Subjects.

If you are good at English, you can go for English Hons.

Hotel Management, Mass Media and other courses are there for the taking as well.
    Basically, look where your interest lies- THERE ARE COURSES IN EVERY FIELD.

SO JUST FIND THE TALENT IN YOU AND GET BACK ! 🙂

• #8958 Reply
    Sunidhi Negi Sunidhi Negi 

Hi,

So apart from the traditional B.com, B.com (H), you can go for economic honours and BBA. There are exciting stream like aviation and energy in BBA these days. Also if you want there’s an excellent course in IIM Indore for BBA+MBA which you can apply for. It is a great opportunity and a world class course. There is an entrance exam which you need to clear for this.

Good luck?

• #9076 Reply
    Mudit Nawani Mudit Nawani 

The courses you can go for after commerce in class 12 will be

If you have an inclination towards nation service, you can go for NDA exam which takes place twice a year

You can opt for the IPM course of IIM Indore, only if you have an interest in management, as being a participant myself in this course, it sometimes becomes really tough for a commerce student here to compete amongst the elite science students who will be having an edge over you

You can also go for the DU JAT exam for selection in courses like BBA(FIA), BMS or BBE in various colleges across Delhi

The last option to resort will be the traditional courses offered in DU like BCom or BA, for which you need to perform really well in the Board exams

• #9082 Reply
    Siva Sashidaran Siva Sashidaran 

I see that the other answers have suggested B.Com and Economics Hons. and one answer has even suggested BBA. And even I would strongly recommend BBA. A BBA in either of Finance, marketing or International Business is a sought after pre requisite for an consequent MBA in these fields. And an MBA in International business or foreign trade is a very interesting, challenging and might I add, rewarding degree. It would involve travelling abroad frequently or infrequently, learning multiple languages, exploring new places and cultures all the while doing your job.

Sounds colourful and interesting, doesn’t it?

• #9144 Reply
    Ritika Sharma Ritika Sharma 

Hello,

Being your subjects commerce with maths, you get increased horizons to look for.

First of all, you can go for economics honors as it require maths as an compulsory subject.

Rest there are those traditional course like BBA, B.com., Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS), Bachelor of Business Studies (BBS), B.com honors etc.

If you want to go for out of the box things, then there is hotel management, NDA, mass communication, English honors,then there is NIFT etc.

There are thousands of such courses to look upon, you just need to find your field of interest.

Thank you

Reply To: After 12th Commerce Courses
Your information:

Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account