This topic contains 0 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Arpit Raj Mall 2 years, 10 months ago.

• Author
     Arpit Raj Mall 

I have got 78.8% in ISC 2016. I had qualified for JEE (Advanced) through JEE (Main) but I could not crack it. I am a SC candidate and got 56 in JEE (Main) to pass through. I wanted to ask, how many total seats are there in NITs and IIITs all across India? I also want to ask, is there a possibility for me to get a chance in the NITs or IIITs?

• #7176 Reply
     Vivek Mishra 

First of all, let me tell you that the dominating factor in your counselling of colleges will be your category. Since, you scored good in your Board exams, the percentile will be very good. The JEE MAIN  Marks are a bit lower as they are just near to cutoff.

Now with the given combo you may not find any of NIT, a little chances of getting into new IITs are visible. But if you have home IIT then it could land up you a seat. Better option is to look for best state government college as this is what seems easy for you to grab with this rank. Do fill the preference list carefully and must acquire complete process and factors deciding the list.

Best of luck!

Reply To: Admission in NITs/IIITs after qualifying through JEE (Main)?
Your information:

Cancel
GET UPTO 50%    OFF!
Verify Yourself

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account