- 05/10/2019 at 5:19 am #799320EduGorillaKeymasterSelect Question Language :
A crystalline substance composed of Ba, Ti and O crystallises in a perovskite structure. This structure may be described as a cubic lattice, with barium ions occupying corners of the unit cell, oxide ions occupying the face centres and titanium ions occupying the centres of the unit cell. Which of the following statements is not true?
Post your Training /Course EnquiryAre You looking institutes / coaching center for
- There is no restriction for titanium to occupy any of the octahedral holes available to it.
- Titanium can be described as occupying octahedral holes in the Ba-O lattice.
- Titanium occupies one-fourth of the total octahedral holes.
- Empirical formula of the substance is BaTiO3.
- IIT-JEE, NEET, CAT
- Bank PO, SSC, Railways
- Study Abroad